100WC – The Poor

Posted on

The poor. They feed of the scraps left from anyone. They beg on streets in need of money. They live in a cardboard box where their only company is themselves.

The poor. They don’t have that very much. They use as much as they can find. They feel pain all the time. And they are always in need.

The poor. They live as best as they can. They use their money sparingly. And if you’re ever in trouble, the poor may know better than anyone, what you’re going through.

3 thoughts on “100WC – The Poor

1. Nice piece Melina. I like the way you show the reader what the poor is like, suffering and you end the story with a simple sentence – ‘And if you’re ever in trouble, the poor may know better than anyone, what you’re going through’. maybe next time you could add more description.
    Jared

2. Hi Melina,

I really liked your 100 word challenge. I liked it how you kept using ‘The poor’.
    But I didn’t get how you said ‘They don’t have that very much.’ Did you mean they don’t have a lot of things?
    Otherwise great 100 word challenge!!! 🙂 😉

3. Dear Melina,
    I was touched by your story. You made it so it wasn’t about you but the poor. I feel you used a lot of connect to world and repetitiveness in this 100wc, but you used it well. However, I do think next time you should stick to ONE main topic for each paragraph, but in this piece you sort of made it about different things about the poor all through out the piece instead of organising it to be in specific paragraphs. But apart from that I think you did a fantastic job on this 100wc.